Saturday, October 2, 2010

Introducing Our Son!



Samuel David Avery was born on Monday, August 30, 2010 at 4:59 p.m. . He weighed 6.5 lb, and was 18.5 inches long.


I had him here in our apartment with my husband, my midwife, and a dear friend of ours in attendance. We had plans to go to a cabin to have the baby, but it came pretty fast, so our midwife advised us to stay put. For a good part of my labor, I thought it was bad Braxton Hicks and that the baby was Posterior( this is what my midwife thought when I described to her over the phone what I was feeling.) So, for an hour or so, I got on my hands and knees and rocked backed and forth, and then took a hot bath, thinking all the time that I was trying to get the baby to turn so it wouldn't hurt SO bad. It was a lot of pain. Then Eric came back up from helping cook lunch for the school, I got out of the bathtub, threw up, he quickly threw all of our stuff in the van to go to the cabin. About this time we had figured out that I must be in actual labor. He got me an exercise ball to sit on, and called our midwife to tell her what was happening. While he was on the phone I felt like I had to push. He told her that, she told him to see if he could feel the head, and he could! So we stayed home and she came out. After pushing a couple of hours or so, Samuel was born. It was a pretty painful labor, but it didn't last all that long and I think overall it went well. Thanks be to God! I had a hard time getting started with breastfeeding him, but things are smoothing out now. We are very happy to have Samuel in our lives!

6 comments:

  1. i'd say that was a pretty awesome labor and delivery!! Congratulations :-) He is beautiful!! I am so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Eric and Hannah. I'm glad it was a quick and healthy delivery.
    You know, the more pictures the better Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delight in the blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!! Thank you for the post!! And when you have time you have got to bless us with more photos of the baby- ones with you and the baby and Eric and the baby. Maybe a family picture!! I am so happy for you girl and I pray that you are having a safe recovery. You should be getting a package from me soon.
    Anna Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeehoo! There he is, and he's so cute! Glad your labor went pretty well! It's so very exciting that you guys have a little boy!:D
    ~Annie Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ya!! See ya soon :)

    ReplyDelete