Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tennessee Retreat

Eric and I by the Falls

We went into this big room at the State Park lodge. I love this fireplace!

Samuel at the Falls
Eric and Samuel at the falls
Samuel and I about in the middleish of the bridge

Me and Samuel about to go up on the bridge

The way up to the swinging bridge
The church by Sergeant Alvin York's burial place. I love how quaint the church is!

In early April, the pastor's associate we pastor under, had a pastor's retreat in Tennessee for a few days. It was held at a camp, and was in a nice area. We had good fellowship, they doted on Samuel, and we had great singing and food too! One day, we had a good bit of free time, so we went to see the Sergeant Alvin York home place. They have a park there, and Eric did some fishing. I toured the grist meal, and let Samuel swing on the baby swing. Then we walked over a swinging bridge in another place. That was SOOOO scary! I was carrying Samuel in my sling, and Eric was shaking the bridge for fun. I have to just learn to go along with things like that, and not be so afraid. It was such a pretty area, and we had a great time. On our way back home, we stopped at a State Park that had a really nice waterfall, and then we stopped at Laurel Lake in Kentucky, and looked at the houseboats at the Marina. Its a dream of ours to one day have a houseboat, but only God knows if it's in His Plan for us. Still, its fun to look at them! It was a great mini-vacation!

1 comment:

  1. You know Sister, if I remember right, the deal was that we were going to buy each other those hard-core strollers...and well, you haven't delivered yet! And someone gave me that one, so thats all I have!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete