Friday, September 18, 2009

Mammoth Cave

Eric and I in the cave The cave entrance

A couple of weeks before we got married, Eric came to pick me up where I was living and working at Above Rubies for 81/2 months. On our way to Kentucky Mountain Bible College, we were passing by Mammoth Cave, so I suggested we stop while we were in the area. It is the biggest cave system in the world! There were lots of people there. When we got there, the tour wasn't going to be until about two hours or so later. We bought our tickets, and then we decided to go to Walmart to register for our wedding. When we got to Walmart, they did not have the guns to register, so we were kinda walking around. Eric saw a guy sitting on a bench reading a book. Eric started talking to the guy, and turns out, he had went to church when he was young, but seemed to have a lot of misunderstandings about Christianity. Eric was really able to explain the Gospel to him, and I think it really gave him something to think about! I guess God wanted us to go to Walmart just to tell that guy about Jesus! We went back to Mammoth Cave and did the tour. It was amazing. There was some really big rooms in that cave. They didn't want us to carve our names in the rocks, but yet they showed us names of Historical people who had carved their names in the rocks a long time ago. I don't really get that! I am really glad we got to see Mammoth cave!


-Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that you had a new blog. It is beautiful. How are you two doing? Love you all
    Mercy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog! Will you still write on your old one?

    ReplyDelete