Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Our Little Country Church

The Church


Eric practicing with a bow that he bought to use in our Fall Festival for the kids


Some of the beautiful trees by the church, decked out in their fall glory!


Eric and I pastor ( he does the preaching, and I do other stuff ) this small country church here in Eastern Kentucky. It is a part of the Kentucky Mountain Holiness Association. It is a really pretty area. It has been fun exploring the area and meeting and getting to know people. We have about 6 or 7 adults who are regular attenders, and about 4 children. I have been working with the children a couple of Wednesday nights, and it is interesting and rather fun! It is definitely a learning experience for me. A couple of Sundays ago, Eric and I went visiting in the community after Sunday School. Then him and I came back to the church and had a nice picnic in back of the church. It was a gorgeous fall day! The leaves were so beautiful, and the sky was so blue! A great day to be alive and about God's business!

2 comments:

  1. wow! This is very exciting :-) Make sure to spend time in prayer every day. My husband and I started traveling with a ministry in our early 20's. We've always done some form of ministry since then as well. It seems like the more bathed in prayer your ministry outreach is, the better, the less room for attacks and misunderstandings, the greater the outpouring of the Spirit of God. Anyway, God bless your ministry endeavors. I will remember to pray for you two :-)

    ReplyDelete