Saturday, Eric and I went with a group from the school here who go to pray and sing in front of an abortion clinic in Louisville, Kentucky once a month. We had to leave at 4:30 in the morning. Most women go into the clinic around 8 in the morning to have their abortions done on Saturday morning. Quite a group of pro-lifers gather outside, praying, preaching, singing, etc. in hopes of some of them changing their minds. Since I am pregnant, I think it was especially hard emotionally for me to be there in that place of death. Fifteen women went in the clinic to have abortions that day. It was so heartbreaking!
After we left there, we had breakfast at McDonalds, and then went to a mall, because we had some time to spare. My sister had some good tracts with her, so she was able to give some out in both places. Then we went to Frankfort, the capital of Kentucky, to a rally on the Capitol steps called, Restore America. It was quite good. They talked about some bills that we need to support, and some stuff we do not need to support. There was a really good preacher talking about how America needs to get back to God. There was also singers. It was a good time. Heading home, we stopped in Lexington to have lunch at Bob Evans Restaurant, and Eric, Mary, our team leader, and I were talking about our day. Our young waitress came to our table, and for some reason, my husband Eric just told her that we were talking about us going to an abortion clinic that morning to sing, pray, etc. Then she told us that when she was 16, she became pregnant, and her Christian mother wanted her to have an abortion, but she didn't want to, and did not have one, and now she has a precious little baby, but is somewhat estranged from her mother. What a story. She took out her cell phone and showed us a picture of her baby boy. He was precious! She is a Christian, and seems to be doing well. Amazing story!



I'm a fan of this post. Just thought I'd say so. :)
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is WOW- it is great that you all were able to do this. But, it is SO sad about the abortions. May God draw these women to him in their hour of need.
ReplyDeleteThank you for writting again, you need to write more often!
Anna Ruth
Hannah, I so know what you mean when you said because you are pregnant it was more emotional... Every since I became preggy I have been much more upset by abortion! How can any one kill their darling little baby?! I already feel so protective of my child I couldn't think of such a thing... it is sad...
ReplyDeleteIt is great that you were able to go do this! :) have a great day!
Wow - that is just so sad about those abortions! I'm sure it's much more emotional for you...so heart-wrenching! But I think it's so great you all go to the abortion mills - I'm sure you have made an impact, even if you don't totally realize it!
ReplyDelete