Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break Camping Trip

Our campsite


This was the outhouse thing.

This was our fire ring


The college we work at is on Spring Break right now, so Eric and I decided to go camping for a few days. We went to the Red River Gorge area here in Eastern Kentucky. We did some pretty primitive camping without running water or electricity. We pretty much camped in the woods, but we did having an outhouse sort of bathroom about 300 yards from us. We stayed out there 3 nights and two days. Eric did some trout fishing and I did some reading. We made some really yummy campfire dinners. The first night Eric made amazing chili, the next night we made barbeque chicken, curried rice, and asparagus, and the third night we made hamburgers and potatoes. One morning we even made bacon, eggs, and toast. There were a lot of coyotes out there, and not too far from us either. They were howling like crazy!! Last night, there came a rain storm, and things started to get wet. Our air mattress was pretty flat too. We decided to go sleep in our van (it has a bed). We ended up getting some pretty good sleep, but today we decided to break camp and come home. It was a wonderful, and kinda hard camping trip. I was really glad to get a hot shower today back home here! It was fun though!

3 comments:

  1. How romantic!Sounds like lots of fun out there!
    I hope you get to plant a garden this year- you are good at that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys got it goin' on...that's all I've got to say! ;-)

    ReplyDelete