Thursday, May 20, 2010

St. Louis Trip

Me and my tree-hugger pose in the park by the Arch


I basically impaled myself on this thing in my walkway on the way to the Arch. This was
a reenactment!

The way our van window looked after we had been broken into, and then patched up!


The Arch!


Me in the top of the Arch.


A sign in the top of the Arch

A view of the downtown St. Louis from the top of the Arch

Some of the bridges over the Mississippi as seen from the top of the Arch.

Me by one of the little windows at the top of the Arch.


There were four of us in the little cart/train thing to the top.

Me and one of my cart-mates up to the top of the Arch!

The Arch! Can you see the clouds!


I thought the train looked cool.



The parking lot where we got broken into. You can see
our two white vans


A banquet table at the Conference. So pretty!


In April I went with my Cults class this semester to St. Louis, Missouri for a Biblical Discernment Conference. Our trip lasted from very early Thursday morning till very early Sunday morning. Some interesting things from our trip:


* We had fun traveling together.


* We got to know each other better


* The Biblical Discernment conference was very thought-provoking and informative.


* I got extremely sick very early Friday morning, and threw up about 20 times that day. I still
managed to go to the conference and take notes, but had to got out interrmittently to barf!



*I got to ride up to the top of the arch, and then, since we got under tornado warnings, they had
to evacuate the arch, and it was swaying while i was up there! Scary!


*I got to look at the "Museum of Westward Expansion" under the Arch.


*When we got back to the vans, where we had parked them in a parking lot under an overpass,
they had been broken into, and most everyone's lap tops stolen. Thankfully mine wasn't!



It was a very eventful trip, that's for sure! I missed Eric though, because he didn't get to go. My sister was along though, so that was nice!

1 comment:

  1. looks like a really fun trip!! i bet you can't wait for that baby :-)

    ReplyDelete