Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Awesome Date to the Gaithers!

Me


The stage

Waiting in line to buy a CD from the boy who sings like Vestal Goodman.



So, our local radio station gave us free tickets to go to see the Gaither Homecoming Concert in Lexington, Kentucky in late May. Eric also won us a buy one get one free meal at our local Mexican restaurant. So the Saturday of the concert, we went out to lunch at the Mexican restarant....I had awesome chimichangas! Then we went to the Rupp arena in Lexington to the concert. I have been wanting to attend a Gaither Homecoming concert for years now! It was such a treat! One of the the greatest was a young teenage boy there, who sang almost exactly like the late Vestal Goodman. It was amazing! One of the highlights was hearing some of the Gaither's own songs being sung, such as "It is Finished," and the closing song - one of my favorites, "Because He Lives." When the concert was over, we went had frappuchinos at Starbucks. On the way there, Eric got to talk to a young man about Jesus. That was cool. It was an awesome date night, and a wonderful treat!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome, Hannah! Like a great time!

    I've been thinking about you and your baby that will be coming soon! I hope you're doing great. :)

    Love,
    -Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH fun... so cute to see that pregnant tummy!! glad you had fun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Gaithers! We were given tickets several years ago, we took our then teenage oldest daughter and a friend of hers (the tickets were for a "suite" at the arena- we had such a good time, such a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to go see the Gaithers! That is something I would like to do sometime!

    ReplyDelete