Thursday and Friday of this weekend has been Missions Convention here on campus. It has been really, really, good. We had two really good night messages by Nina Guntner, and during the day today, we had some really good workshops about Christian Stewardship and Finances, Mission work teams, and Finding our place in God's Mission. Tonight we also had an International dinner. I helped in the kitchen getting ready for that. We had Mongolian beef, Chicken curry, rice, Asian salad, Meditteranean salad, hummus, and pita bread, as well as apple tart, and chai and spice teas. I did the teas. It was all good. One thing I really had fun doing was dressing up as a person from different lands. Last night, Eric and I dressed up as Muslims, and tonight, he dressed up as a Muslim, and I as an island girl. Last night Eric and I had coffee with a representative with OMS. That is a mission board. We have been feeling the call for missions. (for me I have pretty much had it to some degree or other for many years, for Eric it has been a growing thing) We talked about the mission field of Spain. That is a country we both have interest in. They don't send out newly couples in their first year of marriage, because they feel they should grow together as one, and build their relationship, before going out and being faced with a different culture, etc. So, for a while we will continue to pray and seek the Lord's leading as to if he wants us to be involved in that country, or just what He wants us to do. OMS seems to be a really good mission board, and one that has impressed me so far. We will see how God leads us!
Friday, November 13, 2009
Missions Convention
Thursday and Friday of this weekend has been Missions Convention here on campus. It has been really, really, good. We had two really good night messages by Nina Guntner, and during the day today, we had some really good workshops about Christian Stewardship and Finances, Mission work teams, and Finding our place in God's Mission. Tonight we also had an International dinner. I helped in the kitchen getting ready for that. We had Mongolian beef, Chicken curry, rice, Asian salad, Meditteranean salad, hummus, and pita bread, as well as apple tart, and chai and spice teas. I did the teas. It was all good. One thing I really had fun doing was dressing up as a person from different lands. Last night, Eric and I dressed up as Muslims, and tonight, he dressed up as a Muslim, and I as an island girl. Last night Eric and I had coffee with a representative with OMS. That is a mission board. We have been feeling the call for missions. (for me I have pretty much had it to some degree or other for many years, for Eric it has been a growing thing) We talked about the mission field of Spain. That is a country we both have interest in. They don't send out newly couples in their first year of marriage, because they feel they should grow together as one, and build their relationship, before going out and being faced with a different culture, etc. So, for a while we will continue to pray and seek the Lord's leading as to if he wants us to be involved in that country, or just what He wants us to do. OMS seems to be a really good mission board, and one that has impressed me so far. We will see how God leads us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It looks like so much fun! (You guys look just like Muslims in your Muslim costumes!)
ReplyDeleteThats so cool that you're thinking about missions. It will be exciting to see where God takes you!
-Chloe
Looks like a really neat time!! Love the photos!!
ReplyDelete